The internet has become a valuable tool for reaching out to new and existing customers while engaging with relevant audiences. However, all it takes is one bad post, one negative review, and one negative comment about your business to snowball into a viral storm. And just like that, you find yourself at the receiving end of review bombing and more users dogpiling on your online presence.
Now you’ve found yourself with a reputation crisis on your hands. If this is the case, it’s best to turn to reputation management experts who can repair damaged reputation through several solutions. Here’s what you can expect when you hire professionals to perform reputation repair online.
What Is Online Reputation Repair?
Online reputation repair services vary between reputation management experts, but it essentially involves planning and taking the necessary steps to resolve issues that could harm your online reputation. These steps can involve:
- Responding to negative reviews to mitigate their effects.
- Generating more reviews from your customers to gain positive reviews.
- Rebuilding your online authority.
- Using search engine optimization (SEO) and local search rankings to drown out negative content.
- Building a customer database with a reputation management tool.
- Leveraging email campaigns to reach out to existing customers.
You can mitigate the effects of bad reviews and other negative online content through reputation repair online.
The importance of reputation management is directly linked to your brand and how new and existing customers perceive your brand. A business’s reputation is one of its most valuable assets. So when you experience a reputation crisis, you risk losing loyal customers, potential sales and brand equity in the long run.
Benefits of Reputation Repair
You can achieve some of these benefits by hiring a service to repair reputation online.
- Avoid a decrease in revenue. Studies show that businesses can experience a 22% decrease in revenue from a negative search result. When you repair reputation online, you can improve which pages appear on search results and push negative content further back.
- Build your customer base. A recent consumer survey shows 94% of customers tend to avoid businesses with a negative brand image. You can minimize the effects of negative content and attract more customers.
- Establish credibility and authority. A negative reputation can make your brand less trustworthy, leading to lower visibility and leads. Your reputation campaign can establish your business as a reliable brand through content, review monitoring and other techniques.
- Maximize your digital marketing strategy. Even the best digital marketing strategy won’t result in more leads and conversions if you have a damaged reputation that scares potential customers away. Pair your marketing campaign with the best online reputation repair services to fix online reputation issues and boost your image.
Which Businesses Can Benefit From a Reputation Repair Campaign?
A damaged reputation can taint any business’ online presence. And with more people reliant on online reviews, bad reviews and generally negative content surrounding a business may require reputation repair companies to step in and help.
“Every business can benefit from a reputation repair company,” said Tim Clarke, Rize’s Senior Reputation Manager.
If businesses find themselves in trouble and need to fix online reputation issues, seeking reputation repair services is a step in the right direction.
What Happens During a Reputation Repair Campaign?
Given the importance of reputation management, you must know what goes on during a reputation repair campaign. Reputation repair companies can have their unique process, so knowing you have the best online reputation repair service can help you restore your brand’s reputation.
Rize provides its clients with customized solutions to fix online reputation issues, so reach out to us for a more comprehensive look at what we can do for your brand. However, here’s a general overview of our reputation repair campaigns.
First, we handle your negative reviews and get them under control. While some negative reviews can be managed and spun into opportunities to enhance your image, overwhelming negative reviews can scare away potential customers even before giving your business a shot. This can be addressed in several ways:
- Monitoring your reviews across various review platforms.
- Responding to both positive and negative reviews appropriately.
- Generating positive reviews from your existing customers to boost ratings.
- Add review widgets to your website to showcase positive reviews.
By taking these steps, we can drown out the negative reviews and bring positive reviews forward.
One crucial step of our public reputation repair is our review responses. At the same time, negative reviews will affect users, and your brand response can mitigate their impact. Responding to negative reviews manages to do the following for your brand:
- Gain users’ trust. Bad reviews signal that something is wrong with your products and services. Acknowledging your shortcomings gives users the message that you’re actively trying to improve your business, so those who choose to do business with you may have a better experience.
- Boost your online rankings. Review responses can also be valuable to your overall digital marketing strategy. Businesses actively responding to reviews can boost their brand awareness and have better visibility in local searches.
- Provide an excellent first impression. Users aren’t going to be impressed by negative reviews that appear to go ignored. By responding to both positive and negative reviews promptly, you’re more likely to leave a good impression that can result in conversions.
- Salvage existing customer relationships. Unlike unhappy customers who don’t leave reviews and opt not to become repeat customers, bad reviews can get you a foot in the door toward salvaging your existing relationship. By responding, you can try to remedy the situation and get unsatisfied customers to give your brand a second chance.
Can You Perform a Reputation Repair on Your Own?
You might be wondering: “If this is the process Rize uses to repair reputation online, maybe I can try to use a reputation management tool and perform a reputation repair online on my own.” While you could try it on your own, reputation management and restoring your online presence are crucial assets that every business needs. Therefore, it’s best to leave the reputation fix and repair processes to the professionals.
Clarke adds that while businesses needing a reputation fix can try to do it independently, it will exhaust more time and resources and won’t have the same results. In comparison, working with professionals with experience in reputation repair means working with a team that can produce better results in less time.
“Also, it is demoralizing because dealing with negative reviews is difficult and causes headaches,” Clarke said.
Let Rize Restore Your Reputation Through a Comprehensive Reputation Repair Campaign
Your business’s online reputation can make or break its success. Too many bad reviews without damage control can scare away potential customers and convince your existing customers to switch to your competitors. Even the best digital marketing campaigns won’t rake in your engagements and leads when your brand has built an unfavorable reputation.
At Rize Reviews, we not only understand the importance of reputation management but provide the best online reputation repair services tailored to your brand’s needs. From managing your reviews to enhancing what appears on search results, we ensure your brand makes an excellent first impression for relevant users in search of your business.
Interested in rebuilding your brand through a reliable reputation fix? Get Rize Reviews to handle your reputation repair campaign. Get in touch with us today to receive a free demo of our services.
Leave a Reply