In a world where fake news is rampant and influencer mistrust is rising, businesses need to find an alternative method to establish credibility without sensationalizing sales claims. The answer lies in testimonials – a statement from a previous customer detailing how a product or service helped them.
Most reviews in the digital marketing landscape are depicted in text format. But, unfortunately, they can be easily falsified. A study by Internet Retailing revealed that 47 percent of consumers believe companies are manipulating their reputation with fake reviews. This means brands need to display other forms of ratings aside from text-based testimonials to establish the product’s effectiveness and the business’s credibility.
And so enter video testimonials. According to Wizeowl, they are more effective in generating favorable consumer responses since 77 percent of online consumers become motivated to purchase after watching them.
Not sold on the benefits of video testimonials for your business? Let us convince you with our top five reasons why you should collect video testimonials from previous customers.
1. Boosts Retention and Engagement Rates
Many things are happening on the internet, and it’s becoming challenging for businesses to capture people’s curiosity. Fortunately, video is more effective in grabbing attention compared to other mediums. The reason for this has to do with how the brain interprets data. Zabisco declares visual content is processed 60 thousand times faster than text, leading to higher retention and engagement rates.
The same principle applies to reviews. When presented in video format, customers become more interested and invested.
“Video testimonials are great for their website marketing, and people are way more likely to consume and enjoy video content than reading content,” said Tim Clarke, the Senior Reputation Manager of Rize Reviews.
Customer testimonial videos are indispensable for your digital marketing strategy, given their high retention and engagement rates. However, not knowing how to collect video testimonials is a common concern for those without a lot of internet marketing experience. Fortunately, you can hire video production services when getting customer feedback and creating the content for it.
Professionals from an online reputation management company are better equipped with the proper tools and knowledge to make your video review generation efforts a success.
2. Establishes Trust and Connection
Written testimonials can help convert potential clients to paying ones, but they don’t have the facial expressions and tonal nuances a video has. However, a review from a video testimonial service puts a face to your business, humanizing your brand and winning over your target audience.
By allowing your previous customers to express their unfiltered opinion about their experiences, you are creating a connection with the clients you are trying to attract. This is because people tend to believe other real people instead of a business making a sales pitch to them.
But how do you create authentic and convincing video customer testimonials? By ensuring you do the following:
- Go unscripted: Don’t give your customer a script to avoid coming off as ingenuine. No matter how well they deliver the message, it will show that the words don’t come from them.
- Keep it short: The online consumer has a short attention span. For this reason, ensure your video customer testimonials are approximately two minutes.
- Hire a service: If you feel your business is inexperienced in collecting high-quality customer testimonial videos, you can employ the help of marketing video production professionals who offer online reputation management services.
As soon as your target market hears the praises straight from other’s mouths, they become easier to persuade. Videos create an emotional connection, which is the best way to draw interest and seal the deal.
3. Improves Brand Exposure
Online visibility is one of the most significant contributors to the success of your business in the digital space. Since videos easily spark engagements and create connections, your exposure on the internet has nowhere else to go but up.
Video content is being watched more and more. The number of digital viewers has reached 244 million, according to Business Insiders, which is projected to grow exponentially in the upcoming years as the demand for video continues to increase.
HubSpot’s consumer study revealed that over 54 percent of consumers want to see more videos from the businesses they support.
So to get the most out of your video testimonial, use them in your primary business channels, which can include the following:
- Website: Add your customer testimonial videos to your website’s landing pages to immediately present interesting and easy-to-digest content to your prospects. Doing this can quickly grab their attention and prompt them to take the following desired action.
- Email: Improve your email marketing strategies by including customer testimonial videos in your procedures. A study by Hubspot discovered that adding the word “video” in the email subject line increases the open rate by 19 percent and boosts click-through rates by 65 percent.
- Social media: Videos on social media reach more people. According to a social media analytics study by Market Splash, video content generates around 1,200 percent more shares than text and image combined.
The importance of online reviews to your online brand exposure is one of the primary reasons you must prioritize review generation. But if you feel your business is under-equipped to produce high-quality videos, you can hire the services of a marketing video production company.
Professionals are well-versed in the latest ORM marketing strategies and know how you can get the most out of your testimonial videos.
4. Increases Web Traffic
If you incorporate video customer testimonials into your digital marketing campaigns, you can direct viewers from other channels to your website, boosting traffic tremendously.
In addition, reviews from video production services can keep your web visitors engaged, prompting them to spend more time consuming your content. When users linger on your website, it signals to the search engine that you are offering value, positively affecting your rankings.
When adding video customer testimonials on your business website, optimizing them for search is essential. Therefore, you must keep the following in mind:
- Video title: The title of your video testimonial attracts viewers, directly influencing your bottom line. Ensure you write catchy headlines that attract the right kind of attention.
- Keyword usage: Include relevant keywords in your video description to easily get indexed by search engines. This greatly helps your SEO efforts, bringing more eyes to the content.
- Add a share button: Always encourage your audience to share your videos with their network; include a share button at every opportunity.
Knowing the importance of online reviews is the first step in connecting with customers, establishing trust, improving internet visibility and boosting traffic. However, getting customer feedback without the proper process can be a challenge.
If you are wondering how to collect customer video testimonials, keep reading.
How To Effectively Collect Video Testimonials
When you make the video testimonial submission as easy as possible, you increase the quantity and quality of submissions. A video testimonials service can help you achieve this.
Working with an online reputation management company like Rize Reviews can help you gather testimonials quickly and easily. A video testimonials service is included in their standard subscription, so there is no extra fee.
“It’s simple and easy for the user to make the video,” Clarke said. “We also can automatically embed them on a client website using the website widget function.”
The platform allows customers to record videos on their smartphones in less than two minutes and submit multiple versions. To help select the best video, business owners can then watch these videos and choose one to post on the Rize account and client website.
Gathering video testimonials is a lot easier when you leverage the expertise of marketing video production professionals. These experts know the importance of online reviews in growing businesses in the digital age and use the best online reputation management processes to deliver the best outcomes for your brand.
Getting Customer Feedback the Right Way
The presentation of testimonials has a significant impact on their effectiveness. While text reviews drive results, the outcome you gain from video testimonials is much more advantageous for your business.
Rize Reviews is the best online reputation management agency that can help you with everything that has to do with ORM marketing. Our video testimonials service automates the collection process with state-of-the-art software so you can focus more on your core operations. We also offer online reputation management services, which allow you to stay on top of online conversations surrounding your business.
So, partner with the best online reputation management company and reach out to Rize today to know more about our video production services.