If your company hasn’t paid much attention to Glassdoor, now is the time to start. Glassdoor is like Yelp for employees instead of consumers. For business and company owners, it is a rich source of information that can improve employee engagement and retention.
In addition, a positive score on the platform attracts qualified candidates to your company. According to a Glassdoor report from 2016, more than two-thirds of candidates check a company’s reviews before accepting a job offer.
In this blog, we shed more light on the importance of collecting 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and some review best practices to guide your strategy.
This blog touches on the following topics:
- Benefits of employee reviews
- Best practices for Glassdoor review generation
- Responding to Glassdoor reviews the right way
- How to respond to negative Glassdoor reviews
Benefits of Employee Reviews for the Organization
Employee experience affects motivation, productivity and morale. Therefore, the organization must ensure its employees feel heard and valued while working for the company.
But why is employee feedback important? According to Glassdoor, employee reviews offer the following benefits:
- Boost employee morale: Allowing employees to leave Glassdoor reviews assures them that their input counts.
- Offer valuable employee insights: Gaining an accurate understanding of worker perception allows companies to improve employee experience.
- Improve search relevancy: Reviews are essential elements of search engine optimization (SEO). Recent Glassdoor reviews help your business stay on top of search results.
- Attract prospective candidates: Positive Glassdoor company reviews attract highly qualified candidates, motivating them to apply for an employee position.
- Align values with experiences: Glassdoor reviews connect the company’s public branding to internal employee experience, aligning the perception and the reality of the organization.
- Gain quality feedback for improvement: Feedback is the best source of information to improve employee experience.
Best Practices for Glassdoor Company Reviews Generation
The importance of online reviews is not limited to the consumer level. Reviews are also an essential factor in determining if a company is trustworthy and a good fit for a jobseeker’s needs. For example, highly qualified job candidates turn to Glassdoor to gather information about your company culture and see if it’s worth applying for. Prospective clients can also check your Glassdoor profile to discern if you are a legitimate company worth investing in.
If by now, you’re wondering how to improve Glassdoor reviews for your company, we got three words: proactive review generation.
Glassdoor prohibits companies from requiring their employees to leave favorable reviews on the platform. So, the next best way to gain reviews is to encourage your team members using the following methods:
Gather From New Hires
New hires offer valuable insight into your organization because they have recently undergone the onboarding process. Glassdoor recommends asking new hires to leave employee reviews about their hiring experience and ask them to update their reviews after 90 days on the job.
Leverage Company Managers
Managers are the company leaders who have a direct relationship with employees. They provide leadership and direction to their teams and can also be an essential resource for review generation. Set up an annual calendar reminder for managers to reach out to their groups and get employee feedback. This practice allows your company to gain updated observations and perceptions, helping you improve employee experience.
Tap Employee Resource Groups
Employee resource groups (ERGs) have shared experiences, characteristics and goals. They join together to form a network within the organization and generally aim to enhance personal and professional development. You can regularly check in with them to encourage reviews from their peers since members of ERGs tend to be highly engaged employees.
Company-Wide Email Campaigns
Email campaigns are a powerful marketing tool to generate reviews from customers, and they can also be used to acquire Glassdoor reviews from employees. Regularly run an email campaign, educating members of your company about the value of Glassdoor for employers and why is employee feedback important.
Request Reviews During Meetings
Your company leaders can request Glassdoor company reviews during their team performance meetings. This helps you guarantees that you invite all personnel to leave employee reviews throughout the year.
Monitor, Respond and Analyze
Your work is only half done once you start gaining Glassdoor employee reviews. Constant monitoring is essential for effective, continuous business reputation management.
You can’t please everyone – each individual has unique needs that your company can or cannot meet. Keeping a close eye on your review generation processes means having proactive solutions to any issues that may come to light.
Responding to Glassdoor Employee Reviews the Right Way
If you’re wondering how to improve Glassdoor reviews, the answer lies in review response. According to a 2019 Glassdoor U.S. Site Survey, 80 percent of job seekers state that their perception of a company improves after seeing the employer respond to reviews.
Responding to reviews is an excellent opportunity to engage with your current employees and work with them to identify areas that need improvement. But the importance of online reviews does not end there. Glassdoor for employers is an avenue for you to have a voice in the conversation around your brand.
Glassdoor offers their advice on how to master review response:
- Be thankful for the feedback: Positive feedback highlights what your company is doing well. When you get employee feedback that is negative, you determine the areas that need improvement.
- Stay aware: Review monitoring is a must. Waiting too long to respond can come across as insensitive or out of touch. Respond immediately as soon as a review on Glassdoor for employers is posted.
- Create guidelines: Be proactive in responding to reviews and set guidelines for your team to follow. Allocate tasks to the right people to streamline the process of drafting, approval and submitting responses.
- Take action: When you receive constructive criticisms from your employees, make sure to pay attention and act on the suggestions made.
Review monitoring is best done with a dedicated team working round the clock to ensure that all Glassdoor employee reviews get attention. Partnering with reputation management consultants is an excellent option for your company. You can leverage the expertise of business reputation management specialists to improve employee experience. In addition, professionals are equipped with the right tools, like an online reputation management software, that streamlines review generation and monitoring methodologies.
How To Respond to Negative Glassdoor Reviews
Responding to criticism is challenging. However, it is something that employers must do to establish a positive online reputation. If you want to know how to improve Glassdoor reviews by responding to negative feedback, here are some pointers:
- Respond with the right tone: Maintain a professional and calm manner in your review responses. Your words need to convey that you respect the reviewer’s feedback.
- Include a word of thanks: Every response should include the words “Thank you” despite the negative sentiment. Thank your employees for taking the time to write their thoughts.
- Acknowledge issues: The meat of your response should address the problems mentioned. This shows that you care enough to read the review. Your acknowledgment shows that your company is not perfect but continuously improves based on employee feedback.
- Move the conversation offline: Leave an encouragement for the employee to discuss the issue with their manager or the HR department. This helps both parties resolve the matter privately.
The Best Way To Get Employee Feedback
Feedback from Glassdoor reviews is essential in establishing a company’s credibility online and upgrading the areas that require improvement.
Leave your feedback acquisition and review monitoring processes to Rize Reviews’ seasoned reputation management consultants. Our online reputation management software can capture both positive and negative employee experiences, allowing you to manage your Glassdoor profile easily. We are aware of the importance of online reviews for your company, and we are willing to help you create an online image that gets your company the right kind of attention.