You must know by now that reviews have an incredible impact on your reputation and bottom line. But remember they’re a double-edged sword – positive reviews can lift your business just as easily as negative reviews can tear it down.
For this reason, you have to be aware of what’s being said about your brand and monitor your Facebook reviews regularly. Doing so helps you identify reviews that are useless to your reputation at best and harmful at worst.
Such reviews include:
- Spammy reviews that don’t have anything to do with your business
- Outdated reviews, where the reviewers’ concerns have been addressed
- Reviews that no longer apply to your enterprise
But you may ask, can you delete reviews on Facebook? Some Facebook shop reviews can be removed. However, there’s no delete button you can click on, so the removal process can be cumbersome, and not every business owner has the time to deal with it.
The best option is to work with reputation management experts to handle the removal process for you. In this blog post, we’ll go over the following:
- How to remove reviews from Facebook
- The benefits of having recommendations on Facebook
- When to respond to Facebook shop reviews
- How to use them in your brand reputation management
- How to remove bad reviews from Facebook
- Should you use online reputation management software
- The benefits of hiring reputation management consultants
Like we said previously, reviews and recommendations on Facebook can hurt your business. But they can also be extremely beneficial in the right conditions. In the next section, we’ll look at their positive impact on your brand.
The Impact of Facebook Marketplace Reviews
Facebook reports that more than 3 million businesses worldwide actively use their platform for advertising. Details show that 70 percent of all these businesses are outside U.S. territories. Many companies today, especially small-to-medium enterprises, recognize it as a powerful business platform.
Here are several ways Facebook reviews and recommendations can benefit your enterprise:
- They improve search engine optimization (SEO) rankings: Your business gains more visibility in search engines the more times it is mentioned in online reviews, including Facebook recommendations. According to Google, the more reviews and positive ratings your business receives, the better will be your local ranking.
- They allow you to directly communicate with customers: Facebook shop reviews enable you to get honest feedback about your business. You can also use them to communicate directly with your clients. They help you identify problem areas you need to work on to grow your business. Taking timely action and responding professionally also boosts your brand image.
- Recommendations on Facebook improve sales: Authentic Facebook reviews and recommendations boosts sales. Customers are looking for companies that provide good service and high-quality products. On top of that, Facebook recommendations affirm what they’re looking for, making your business look more trustworthy. They also educate customers on your offerings and help people make an informed purchase decision.
When and How To Remove Reviews From Facebook
Can you delete reviews on Facebook? While the short answer is yes, the process is not as easy as you’d like it to be.
This section will cover best practices for removing and disabling Facebook reviews. It also shows instances where it is better to respond to a review or recommendation instead of just disabling it.
So, when should you remove bad reviews from Facebook?
You should immediately remove Facebook marketplace reviews that are spammy. Take action when someone submits a fake review. Remove them if they are entirely inappropriate as they damage your business’s online reputation. You need to report these reviews to the Facebook team to remove them.
Some ask how to turn off reviews on Facebook. That is certainly an option if you want to remove reviews quickly. However, there are certain drawbacks when you opt for this measure, which we will discuss later.
But before you go over how to remove Facebook reviews, you should first analyze if the reviewer is raising legitimate concerns. In those circumstances, it’s better to respond to those reviews instead.
If you have determined that a review is delete-worthy, then follow the steps described in the next section.
How To Remove Facebook Reviews That Are Fake and Spammy
The process outlined below should be part of your review monitoring activities. Remember that you should only remove bad reviews from Facebook and engage genuine concerns.
Here are the steps on how to remove reviews from Facebook:
- Open your company’s Facebook page.
- Find the negative irrelevant reviews you want to delete
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of that review.
- Select “Find support or report Recommendation” in the drop-down menu.
- It will display the “What’s going on?” window. Select the most relevant category on the list.
- Some categories include Harassment, Recommendation Not Relevant, Spam, Unfair recommendation and others. Choose the most appropriate one.
- Click “Next”.
The steps above make up the process of how to remove Facebook reviews. But can you delete reviews on Facebook from your end? The answer is no. Instead, what you’ve done is flag the bad reviews from your page and alert the Facebook team.
They will review your submission and check it against Facebook Community Standards. If they find it either fraudulent or in violation of current standards, they will remove it for you.
How To Turn Off Reviews on Facebook
One quick fix to all the hassles of dealing with fake and spam reviews on this social platform is to turn off all reviews altogether. So, how to turn off reviews on Facebook? Follow the steps below.
- Open your business page.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Click on “Edit Page.”
- Go down to “Reviews.”
- Click “Settings” under Reviews.
- Toggle the slider to “OFF” under Show Reviews.
- Save your settings.
There are certain caveats to turning off all reviews on Facebook. That means you won’t be able to receive positive reviews that beef up your online reputation.
And again, note that the steps mentioned above don’t delete Facebook marketplace reviews. You’re only hiding Facebook reviews and recommendations from public view.
Responding to Constructive Criticism
Some reviews and Facebook recommendations are genuine. However, when you get those on your business page, it will be better if you respond to them to demonstrate your commitment to customer service.
You can use negative reviews to show how much you care for your customers by responding appropriately to their feedback. It also shows potential customers you are actively engaging all clients. Overall, it shows you have a genuine interest in what people have to say and care about solving people’s problems. Responding to genuine negative comments should be part of your business reputation management strategy.
Here are basic to-dos when handling negative feedback on Facebook:
- Respond to the negative comments in a non-confrontational way.
- Let them know that the issue will be resolved or has already been resolved.
- Avoid stating your business name in your response, so it doesn’t appear in search results.
- Apologize and offer to discuss the problem so you can make things right.
- Always thank the customer for providing feedback.
- Express regret regarding the negative client experience.
- Let the client know that you understand their concern.
Benefits of Using Online Reputation Management Software
There are software tools you can use to make Facebook review monitoring a lot easier. Reputation management consultants can provide these tools to generate beneficial business insights, build trust and credibility, improve your brand image and boost sales.
Work With Business Reputation Management Experts
Managing Facebook reviews is a time-consuming process best left with experienced online reputation management (ORM) professionals. Rize has seasoned ORM experts who get businesses back on track. In addition, we help you with brand reputation management, so your business benefits from Facebook reviews, as well as reviews from other platforms.
Do you need help dealing with negative reviews on Facebook? Call us today so we can discuss your next steps.