In the online realm, credibility is everything. Online reviews help build trust between your brand and your target audience while enhancing your online visibility. Generating online reviews plays a vital role in brand discovery and this activity should be included in your marketing campaigns.
Give your prospects the right impression of your business by getting more positive reviews. This not only boosts your online reputation but can also help you win more customers. What’s more, business reviews are now identified as one of the top-ranking factors in local search results.
Online Business Reviews: Key Statistics as of 2020
- 90 percent of consumers read reviews before going to the physical store
- 88 percent of consumers trust customer reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 72 percent of consumers go for businesses with positive reviews
- 92 percent of users say they choose local businesses with at least a 4-star rating
- More than 70 percent of consumers take action after reading a positive review
- Nearly 90 percent of consumers hesitate to make transactions with businesses with a negative review
- A single negative review can cost about 25 to 30 customers
- 83 percent of consumers trust business reviews more than online advertisements
- On average, a local business has at least 39 Google My Business reviews
- A 5-star rating can boost your clicks by 39 percent
These figures show the pivotal impact of online reviews on your business. In general, you get business reviews based on the quality of products and services. However, this shouldn’t limit your options. Be proactive and find better ways to promote positive reviews for your business.
To help you get started, here are some expert tips for getting more business reviews:
Tip #1: Take Advantage of Reputable Online Listings
When it comes to online reviews, you can’t just rely on a single platform. Be part of several online listings. Just make sure to choose reputable listings that are relevant to your products and services. This gives your brand a larger digital footprint, making it easier for consumers to find you and leave reviews. Today many local businesses are optimizing their Google My Business account. One reason is that most consumers trust Google My Business reviews.
Trusted Online Listings:
- Google My Business
Tip #2: Launch An Effective Email Marketing Campaign
Email marketing is an effective outbound strategy for getting reviews. In a study conducted by Radicati Group, more than half of the global population use email daily. The number is expected to increase up to more than 4 billion in three to four years. Moreover, 92 percent of adults in America use email, while 61 percent of them check and send emails throughout their average day.
Here’s a breakdown on how to use email to get more business reviews:
- Use conversational subject line – Be creative with your subject line. This should spark a conversation right away. Make it short and straightforward (around 25 to 30 characters). Never use generic subject lines like “feedback requests.” The key is to inspire them to take action.
- Create a hyper-personalized email template – Email marketing is effective because it’s more personalized– so, using generic templates ruins what you’re trying to accomplish. In your email, add a photo and name of the product the customer purchased. Make sure to use the customer’s real name, as well. Some merchants include a photo of their customers.
Check out this business review template from Adidas
- Polish the automation process – Improve the automation process by using real-time data. Remember, this system is not only designed to make things easier for you. The objective here is to analyze the time triggers. For example, the best time to request meal reviews is two to three hours. Other products like electronics should take about a week. In Automation, timing is everything. Consider your customer’s journey. Examine the different stages of customer touchpoints. This will help determine the best timeline when sending automated requests.
- Optimize your landing page – Optimize for speed and accessibility. Make it easier for your customers to write business reviews. You can do this by simply reducing the number of clicks.
- Make use of the GIFs or a well-designed graphic – This doesn’t mean you need to fill your emails with GIFs or heavy graphics. Just add a few high-quality strategic images that match your whmcs theme. Be creative, but don’t overdo it.
Tip #3: Respond To Reviews
Another way to promote positive business reviews is to engage with your customers. Make sure to respond to every review, even the negative ones. This shows you value their feedback, which encourages other customers to share their own experiences. The same thing goes when responding to negative reviews. Be professional, acknowledge their feedback and offer resolutions. Take this opportunity to improve your products and services. Additionally, addressing these concerns reflects excellent customer service. Most of the time, the customer may alter their feedback or even remove the negative review.
Tip #4: Share Positive Business Reviews
Once you start generating positive reviews, keep the momentum going by sharing them. This will inspire others to do the same. On some review sites, visitors are allowed to mark reviews as helpful. This is why it’s important to closely monitor your accounts online. You can also create new images, highlighting the positive reviews you received and post them on your social media. Mention the name of the customers to create more buzz and further engagement.
Tip #5: Ask Before They Leave
Sometimes, you can easily ask customers for their reviews before they leave your store. This should be convenient for both parties since there’s already direct interaction. Other business owners also provide review request handouts to every customer who visited their store.
Tip #6: Work With An Expert
If you’re struggling to get more business reviews, it’s best to hire a trusted online reputation management agency. These experts can help you generate more business reviews effectively. Most of these agencies are also affiliated with some of the most popular online review sites. They provide helpful services, such as review response, online reputation management, and review management software. In addition, they can also help you resolve negative reviews about your brand.
All in all, reviews are crucial to every business. Positive reviews provide potential customers with the right impression of your company. Having more business reviews can be leveraged within your marketing game plan and help you beat your competition on and offline. Start working on your strategies. Invest in the right tools. Hire a professional if necessary.