A high web traffic but a low conversion rate might be a call to make a better impression on first-time web visitors, one that exhibits reliability. And you can do just that with a website reviews widget. So in this blog, we look at into what it is, its advantages and how you can apply it to scale your brand.
What Is a Website Review Widget?
A reviews widget is a component embedded in your website as an independent feature with the express purpose of showcasing client reviews from external sources. These sources can be your:
- Google ratings and reviews
- Facebook reviews
- Yelp reviews
- Tripadvisor reviews
Why You Should Display Customer Feedback With a Reviews Widget: Benefits of Online Reviews
While having plentiful positive reviews on Google and other platforms is great in and of itself, you can further its advantages by prominently displaying them on your website with a review widget.
- Put your best foot forward with first-time site visitors. Your website visitors are potential customers who are likely ready to convert with a little convincing. Numerous studies have shown that customers look at reviews before making a purchase. So, for instance, with a Google reviews widget on your website, you provide solid social proof that can lead to the purchase decision of your visitors.
- Send strong trust signals to search engines. Since they are written by customers, reviews are injected with highly relevant keywords or search terms people use. So more than building trust with potential customers, you also send trust signals to search engines which can ultimately affect your search engine result page (SERP) rankings and local search visibility. Brands that receive positive reviews regularly will be rewarded by Google.
- Bank on user-generated content. Your own website content can be seen as biased by potential customers. On the other hand, user-generated content (UGC), such as reviews, is perceived as unbiased feedback from fellow customers. Therefore, any branded UGC is a powerful social proof that you can employ to your advantage, like displaying them with a Google reviews widget.
- Encourage more reviews for your brand. Displaying reviews on your website will communicate to potential customers that you are practicing transparency and are open to receiving customer feedback. With this, you encourage new customers to leave reviews. For example, if you have a Facebook review widget, you can redirect your website visitors to your business page, where they can leave new reviews.
- Increase user engagement and dwell time. You can lead visitors to take action with buttons such as “Read more” or “View more” on the reviews section of your website. Resulting in more clicks and time-on-page, you keep site visitors for longer. The longer users stay, the more information they consume that can inform their purchase decisions — one of the top benefits of online reviews.
- Gain better conversion rates. All of the points above will likely lead to higher conversion rates. When you display select customer feedback or client reviews on your website, you provide customers with what they need to guide them toward the end of the sales funnel. Additionally, reviews on Google let you place a finger on the pulse of your offerings, giving your team actionable insights.
Is There a Google Review Widget for Websites?
There isn’t a ready-made Google review widget for websites. But, you can have a developer or programmer on your team to create one with the platform’s application programming interface (API) documentation. Or, you can generate a Rize Reviews widget to showcase valuable Google reviews on your website.
How To Display Google Reviews With Rize Reviews Widget
Rize Reviews’ free review widget is the easiest way to aggregate Google reviews and proudly display them on your website.
Here’s how you can get a Google review widget for websites from Rize Reviews:
- Log in to rizereviews.com/login using your Google, Facebook or LinkedIn account.
- Go to the dashboard page.
- Customize the Google reviews widget according to your preference. You can:
- Modify its colors and make it cohesive with your branding.
- Choose where on your website you want the widget to show.
- Turn on or off your Google ratings.
- Provide accurate information in the Google service scheme setting.
- Update links to your Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Facebook profiles.
- Submit to save the information and preferences you’ve set.
- Click the widget button to view the final version.
Aggregating reviews from Google or any other source can take up to four hours.
How To Have a Facebook Review Widget
Below are steps to embed individual recommendations — a great way to filter positive Facebook reviews from your page and highlight them on your website.
- Go to the reviews section of your business page
- Find the review you want to showcase
- Click the three dots on the upper right corner of the review to collapse a dropdown menu
- Select “Embed”
- Copy the code by clicking “Get Code”
- Paste the embed code into the backend of your website
How To Get More Client Reviews on Google
Assuming you have claimed your listing on the site, here are steps you could take to increase your chances of getting more reviews.
1. Optimize Your Google Business Profile
Claiming your listing is not enough to encourage reviews from customers. You must also optimize your listing with information to help identify your brand and give it credibility. Keep in mind the following information:
- Actual business name
- Business category
- Local phone number
- Operating hours, including special days
- Photos and videos
- Business description
2. Generate a Google Review Link Shortcut and Share It
Go to your Google Business Profile and find the “Get more reviews” or “Get your first review” card in the Home tab. From there, click “Share review form” and copy the link. You can share the link on your channels:
- Your website
- Social media profiles
- Physical store (Generate a QR code for your customers to scan)
3. Ask in Person
Suppose you have a physical store; you can ask a customer upon checking out to leave you a review. Be mindful of the situation and ask customers who have expressed verbal feedback of delight. Here’s an example of how you can ask:
- “Thanks so much for the feedback. We’re so glad we could help you. If you wanted to put that in writing, you could leave us a Google review — that would greatly help our business!”
4. Monitor and Respond to Reviews
Do not ignore those Google alerts when your listing gets a review. Instead, take that as an opportunity to engage with your customers and reply to their comments. Doing so will demonstrate to potential and existing customers that you are keen to receive feedback. You can also consider employing reputation management software for the following:
- Quick review generation campaigns
- Real-time alerts when you receive a review
5. Partner With Reputation Specialists
Leveraging professionals will not only get you more reviews but also guarantee you enjoy the many benefits of online reviews. Online reputation management companies like Rize Reviews are experts in this area.
Rize Reviews is a team of online reputation specialists catering to starting and large businesses across industries. Apart from our full-service reputation management, we also offer white-label solutions to those who want to widen their services for their own clients.
Call our team at 866 325 0303 for a free demo of our software and techniques, or claim your free website widget today!