One negative online review can dissuade 94 percent of consumers from considering a particular business, a ReviewTrackers survey revealed. Give that more thought: one negative review. Consequently, if your brand bears the burden of a couple of unmanaged negative reviews, you may be losing thousands, if not millions, of sales.
So let me ask how you are doing with
Whatever your answer is, it’s understandable because online reputation management (ORM) is a great deal of work – owing to the many business directories like Google, Yelp and Facebook to take into account. But then again, it is definitely no excuse to do away with business reputation management. Why?
For one reason: Your business’s success hinges on its online reputation.
In this blog, we will give you an overview of reputation management software, its benefits and the top online reputation management software.
What Is Reputation Management Software?
Online reputation management software is a tool that allows you to monitor and manage any mention of your brand anywhere on the internet. These mentions can be any customer feedback such as:
- Positive reviews or customer satisfaction
- Negative reviews or customer complaints
What Are the Benefits of Reputation Management Software
People seek businesses that have a good online reputation. While your ultimate aim should be to get a 5-star rating, having a less-than-perfect overall rating is essential for consumers to verify your authenticity.
Another ReviewTrackers survey revealed that about 70 percent of consumers do not find companies with lower than 4-star ratings trustworthy.
On top of helping you build your online reputation, here are more benefits of utilizing reputation management software:
- Merge all your mentions across all platforms in one place. Straightforward and centralized access to all your online listings will hasten the growth of your online presence.
- Receive notifications when you get any customer feedback. Real-time alerts will allow you to monitor brands more efficiently and show you’re invested in customer service.
- Generate and highlight positive reviews. Use a website review widget to showcase your current and new favorable reviews to earn prospects’ trust.
- Respond to negative reviews sooner than later. Consumers are interested in how you respond to negative reviews, your chance to increase brand transparency.
- Mitigate risks. Protect your reputation from false comments that violate policies – any business is at risk of receiving such feedback.
- Identify reputation marketing opportunities. Whether or not you have a franchise, you can track trends in your reputation at different levels, local to regional.
- Bonus. Some providers of online reputation management services offer white label reputation management.
Let’s look at the benefits of white label reputation management software and what you can do with it:
- Purchase the software to make it your own.
- Manage your company’s brand independently.
- Serve your own clients using the software.
- Resell as white label reputation management software or under your own brand name.
Now, these benefits sound great and all businesses will do best with them. However, you must first find the best software to handle your online reputation management services to guarantee you reap these benefits.
How To Find the Best Reputation Management Software for Your Business
With the many online and white label reputation management service providers out there, finding the most suitable ORM software for your business reputation management can be tricky.
Here are points you can consider to help you narrow your choices:
Review Response and Management
Even with software, not having an expert managing your reviews across different channels can lead to losses and damage.
With 78 percent of consumers convinced that a brand cares about them when it manages and responds to ratings and reviews, having an online review management expert will help shape loyalty and goodwill.
The right online reputation management software provider will fully manage and respond to your business’s online reviews.
Local Listing Administration
You must have an accurate name, address and phone number (NAP) across all your listings on top directories like Google, Yelp and Facebook.
Not all providers of online reputation management services and white label reputation management software have this feature.
With this feature, you can start to dominate the search engine results pages (SERPs) for branded searches.
The best online reputation management tool should integrate with the major review sites like Google, Facebook, Yelp, TripAdvisor and Better Business Bureau (BBB).
This integration should feature personalized yet professional email and SMS campaigns to generate reviews across the major sites.
Take note: personalized yet professional. For example, the ORM software manager can send SMS from a local phone number and email campaigns from a recognizable address so that it will likely appeal to your consumers.
For white label reputation management, the software provider can design your email campaigns strictly on-brand.
Business owners like certain things a certain way. With a customizable dashboard, you can remove clutter and get an instant view of what matters to you when you log in.
This reputation management software feature allows you to quickly check consumers’ online conversations and mentions of your brand.
You can also have a quick view of the performance of your reputation marketing campaigns.
Excellent User Experience and Customer Support
Any technology we’re unfamiliar with can be tricky to navigate, but well-designed, user-friendly ORM software will definitely reduce the learning curve.
Plus, you’ll want a software provider with stellar customer support, allowing you to keep communication lines open and raise any idea or concern.
Here are some additional must-have features to look for in an ORM software:
- Real-time notifications to stay on top of your feedback on customer satisfaction or customer complaints.
- QR codes direct your consumers to your review sites through a quick scan.
- Social media sharing highlights your positive reviews to prospects and existing customers across platforms.
- Website widget shows off your overall rating or positive reviews on your site from your top listings, building the trust of new and returning website visitors.
- Regular reporting and analysis reveal areas of improvement in your business reputation management strategy.
- Flexible contracts allow you to commit as short as a month.
To further help you get started, you can consider our shortlist of ORM software providers.
Top Online Reputation Management Software
A view of Rize’s informative, customizable and easy-to-use dashboard.
There are many providers out there, but we find these four a good place to start, the best being Rize.
Power Up Your Reputation Management With Rize Reviews
Now that you know what ORM software is and its benefits, it’s time you have the right company behind you.
On top of all the features we mentioned in this blog, Rize also offers consumer video testimonials service – our software has a built-in video review collection feature, allowing you to gather and promote exceptional social proof.
We understand it can be overwhelming for business owners to navigate ORM, but we are here to help you. Our team of ORM specialists is ready to give you a free demo so you can learn how else our software can help you grow and protect your online reputation. Contact us here!